'Ello!

The Mangaka's Desk is a missionary kid's blog from Thailand. Thailand's Piracy level makes genuine products hard to come across, and constant writer's block makes my updates slow. Bear with me, and I hope you enjoy my Blog!
God Bless!

29.10.12

Early Thanksgiving

One of Dad's good friends, Mark, was coming over with two of his friends, so we spent most of the morning tidying up. Mark and his friends came over, and things went by pretty normally, with Dad talking to Mark about Ministry. And one of Mark's friends, Johny, he's a gamer like us! He's almost ten years older than me, but he does Nintendo, emulators, Minecraft, and he's getting into D&D (which I'm scraping the surface of), and He's worked with Gamemaker before! He was able to create a lot of games, and though he didn't complete them, they were a lot more advanced than the stuff I ever came up. He knew the program a lot better, he knew how to make variables (like a money system, or ammo, for example), and he knew how to make an interesting game with just simple commands. Most of Game Maker is just drag and drop, but he knew a bit of the scripting, so he could do other stuff. Man... He's like an older version of me almost with all his interests.

We're helping a lady temporarily move in since the original owners are gone, and we're just house-keeping for a few more days, and on the ways to and fro from her old house, getting all the furniture, we were able to talk with Johny. Such a cool guy, man!

Oh, before that, when the lady, Mimi, came over for the first time, Mom cooked up an early Thanksgiving! Turkey, potatoes, biscuits, and pumpkin pie. Yum.

I'm going to go soak in thought for a bit. I'm also planning on drawing a picture for Halloween, so stay tuned!
Sayonara for now!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I'd completely forgotten that you celebrated Thanksgiving, I s'pose it's because you're American. Just because you don't live there I forget... yeah, Aussies don't celebrate Thanksgiving.
    Wow, game making. That's an idea of what I want to do when I'm older. When I first got into Zelda I wanted to work for Nintendo... haha, my dreams change a lot, don't they?
    *coughcough* Phantasm?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated