'Ello!

The Mangaka's Desk is a missionary kid's blog from Thailand. Thailand's Piracy level makes genuine products hard to come across, and constant writer's block makes my updates slow. Bear with me, and I hope you enjoy my Blog!
God Bless!

24.8.12

Minecraft Goodies

With Minecraft back, we are blockin' away a lot more than usual. And with the new updates, I can now make a book&quill! With that, I can write books inside the game! I started a new game so I could get all the updates. I'm building a very large stone house, and I've finished making the basic structure, now I need bricks for a roof, and I can't find anymore clay! :( And I don't wanna wander too far away... I have plenty of wood though, I chopped down some trees and made a big clearing for my house. I currently spend the night in a little hut built into a tree where I can make, bake, and write. My land is sandwiched between a Taiga and a Jungle, so I have lots of resources there, but I haven't found a swamp yet, that's where all the clay is >:(.

As for John...he got to keep his floating Island, and now is having some... wet issues. He was trying to water his crops. He set up a bunch of snow Golem guards, but one was washed away, and the other two are cowering in his house. He's using the 'Majora's craft' texture pack. Kinda neat I guess. It contains a lot of Zelda easter eggs that only fans can notice. Don't look at the Moon. Most of them from OoT. Update: John named his Golems Shawn and Chancey. Update: Chancey died. 'He was so Young!' Quoth John.

I am reading 'Out of the Silent Planet' by C.S. Lewis, and it is an extraordinary book, once you get past the fancy words. It has C.S.'s philosophy, adventure, and humor all rolled into one. The Story is, a man named Ransom is kidnapped by two bad men and put on a Spaceship bound for Mars. There, the men try to turn him over to one of the native creatures, a Sorn, and out of fright, Ransom flees. However, he comes to befriend one of the sentient creatures, a feline/otter creature called a Hross, and spends a month or two at their village. He learns their language, and is able to have conversations with them. He also finds them to be surprisingly intelligent, as their stone-age-esque lifestyle led him to believe their interests and beliefs child like. He was wrong. 'Where did you come from?' they ask. '...From the sky, in a ship,' he answers. 'But there is no air in the sky above us,' they say. In fact, with their understanding, his idea of their intelligence was the other way around. I don't wish to spoil too much of the story, but what I want to point out is that on that alien world, there is no sin. There is hunting, There are groups, there is an understanding of evil, but there is no sin. You'll have to read it for yourself.

That's it for now, I go off to brainstorm.
Sayonara for now!

1 comment:

  1. Serious? I haven't played Minecraft with the new update yet so that's something to look forward to. :D

    That book seems to agree to a theory of sorts I thought up. We believe we're the most intelligent beings, but in fact we're not. Didn't they say dolphins are smarter than us? And how do we know if we're smarter or not... and does the media tweak with the results they tell us? It's all a bit confusing really... that's why I go drown myself in anime :D

    John sounds like one of my sister's friends, with the 'He was so young!'

    ReplyDelete

Comments are appreciated